classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford Prefect 100e 1958 FOR SALE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
rivet_101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Ford Prefect 100e 1958 FOR SALE Reply with quote

I am selling my 1958 Ford Prefect

http://tinworm.blogspot.com/2008/02/ford-prefect-100e-1958-for-sale.html

anyone interested please get in touch. [/img]
rivet_101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: open to absurdly optimistic offers Reply with quote

My price may be optimistic, I know. If you are interested, please feel free to insult me with your own absurdly optimistic price...and we will see if something can be done.

any questions?
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

What kind of condition is it in, I will mention it to a friend, there is a very small chance he may want something. Worth a go!

Cheers

Dave
rivet_101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave

well, it has passed MOT three years running without a problem (before that it was on the road but belonged to the previous owner). I have seen it up on a ramp and the floor has never been welded and is pretty solid.

It will need some welding on the floor pan (non structural) because it is near to something structural. This rust was caused by my windscreen rubber leaking (might as well give you the negatives first).

Other than that, the interior is scruffy but easily restored.

I have used it as a commuter and fun car for the last three years. 50% of the time it has been in the garage, though the first winter I ran it daily, even in snow...and had no trouble starting her.

I have changed the manifold for a more solid one, and the battery and changed two suspension bushes and the rubber +metal bracket which supports the prop shaft.

It has typical rust on the bottom of doors and odd spots on the bodywork..and bubbling along the front of the bonnet.

I have deliberately not treated it as a resto, but as a run-about. I like it the way it is. I am too busy anyway with other projects and that is why, really, I think it should go.....I feel bad about it deteriorating.

Also, I need the money for a bike I am buying.

Any questions, just ask.

Cheers

Rivet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: