classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

89 Chevy Camaro Iroc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
jay19son

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: 89 Chevy Camaro Iroc Reply with quote

I was looking at paying $2000.00 for a 1989 Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z Z28 5.7L V-8 fuel injected Automatic with 56,000 original miles. The car has been sitting in his yard for the past 6-7 years. The Body is in good condition, except for the paint. It definitely needs some interior work. The engine needs to be pulled out, cleaned, inspected, replace belts, maybe the head gasket, and parts need to be sand blasted. Not sure how it’s running yet due to the fuel pump. I was wondering if I ever put money into this vehicle, and only drive it for shows and things like that, do you think eventually 15 years or so down the road I would make at least what I put into the Camaro. I don’t want to buy this vehicle from my father-in-law for 2K and put 10K into the car over the next 5-7 years and 15 years down the road only be worth $5000-$7000. Will this car ever become a true classical or collector? Please let me know what you all think. Thank you I appreciate your advice
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Paying $2k is about the correct price for the car in fair condition. Kelly Blue Book lists it at $2105.
What will they be worth in the future and will they be collectible, only time will tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: