classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Austin Ruby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Mytocon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Austin Ruby Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180214763247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

The hearts not really in this one......
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty up on the vernacular for someone with no feedbacks. Confused
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To much cut and paste, not enough passion in his sales pitch.....I'd avoid
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From memory I think the car is his dad's, but he no longer able to crack on with it hence the sale (of course I may be thinking of another A7, but I think its this one)

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Mytocon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Rick, it is my dad's.

Pigtin & UK Dave, I'm using a different e-bay account to sell for personal reasons, hence being up on the vernacular for someone with no feedback :- I've been buying on e-bay for 7 years!
I can 100% guarantee there was NO cut and paste and the reason I've got no passion in the sales pitch is I don't want to sell it via "marketing". Timewasters hopefully won't bother, genuinely interested individuals will ask the right questions.

As a result, it's got about 70 watchers, 3000 hits and two number plate questions. So no genuine interest. Maybe I'll have to start believing in marketing. Smile
pigtin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, sorry, didn't realize it was your own Mytocon Embarassed Just shows how cynical some of us are getting about seeing a smart sales pitch: best of luck with it anyway, the guy across the road has something similar in his garage and it would be interesting to see how yours goes.

Don.
Mytocon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem Don, I would think the same if Isaw it. Cool
I am VERY cynical about the sales pitch that eulogises about a car where the vendor doesn't know what he's talking about (for example a P5 Rover recently was described as having" acres of chocolate leather":-WTBH is that supposed to mean? ) at the same time, I dislike the "old car for sale, they don't make 'em like this any more" way.
I would LOVE to find a buyer who wanted to restore a Ruby, and I would be only too happy to GIVE them the car, except I have to get some cash to pay care home fees for the Ruby's owner. However, I've not had any intelligent questions in the time I've advertised it, so as a result I've pulled the listing. As far as your neighbours one is concerned, if you do a search of completed listings, around £900 for a complete (but not running) Ruby Mk1, with very rotten lower body mounting areas up to £1200 each for two running (but requiring total restoration) projects at a dealer in the southwest I think). Those latter two look very good value. No-one will get rich from a Ruby,but that's no bad thing. Laughing
Mytocon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delighted to announce the Ruby has gone to a good home! Very Happy

A young man (18 years old Shocked ) who knows his stuff and has already completed a couple of younger vehicles ( a Mini and an MGBGT IIRC) and has been looking for a Seven for a little while.

He collected it with his Dad (also a good chap) yesterday and it now has gone to live by the seaside (on the south coast)

I would never have got round to starting it, and the fact that someone has bothered to take the time and trouble to take it on (as opposed to the wasters that only wanted to know the number plate Mad ) means a lot to me, and would to dad as well.
Of course, I will recommend the forum to him and hope it will help everybody to get a true classic back on the road!

BTW In terms of money, dad's car was worth two weeks in the care home
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Perhaps a good job, I have only just seen this thread. I want a nice pre war or pre war styled saloon, but this is not the time for me to buy one, on the other hand, I am well known for buying something, then thinking, where the heck am I going to put that!

Only this weekend, I have looked at an orriginal PF, and an engine, that could posibly be from the oldest automobile on this forum. I think the PF is too small, and the engine is a little dear for me. I am still very atracted by the engine! hehe

Cheers

Dave
Mytocon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am well known for buying something, then thinking, where the heck am I going to put that!

Really? Then how can I interest you in a Jaguar XJS, 1986 HE (yes that's a V12, a very interesting engine) needs some (lots) welding..... Wink Laughing
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

While I like welding, I value the roof over my head, this may be removed by the parents if I do anything silly just now! I too am limited to the car I can buy, by a pattern that I have, always buying an older car, with the Ford being 1956, the next needs to be prior to that!

Cheers

Dave
Mytocon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I value the roof over my head

Buzzy, I feel your pain.

One of the (many) things that the XJS needs welding IS the roof over my head.... Shocked Crying or Very sad

Good luck in the hunt for a pre-war project! Smile Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: