classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Daimler Dart registration 8102 PJ-can you help?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
huck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Daimler Dart registration 8102 PJ-can you help? Reply with quote

Can you help in my quest to track down Daimler Dart registration 8102 PJ?

The car belonged to my father in the 70s and was originally Grey, but now belived to be green.
I'd love to track down the car and owner in time for my fathers 60th Birthday

Thanks for reading this, any ideas?

Chris
admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Have you tried doing a vehicle check on the RAC.co.uk site? or on the motor vehicle licencing (aka DVLA) website? they are a good place to start. How long ago did he own it??

Rick
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris

It is still showing on the RAC/DVLA database:

Manufacturer DAIMLER
Model SP 250
Body type SPORTS
Colour GREEN
Fuel type PETROL
Date manufactured 31 December 1963
Number of previous owners 0

So a check with the SP250 Owners club could well locate the current owner. contact:

G Frost
15 Broom Mead
BexleyHeath
Kent
DA6 7NZ
United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)1322 522958

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you are re-united with the car.
huck

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lead to the 250s owners club. I've tried the Daimler owners club, no records. And i've tralled through as many on line auction sites to see if its come up for sale in the laast few years, nothing.

I've also tied the DVLA and written to them to ask them to send a letter to the registered keeper, but no answer as yet!

Father sold the car when mum was pregnant with my brother in 1973. Over the following years he's had many interesting cars, but conversation always ends up back on the subject of the Dart , and how special it was!

According to the DVLA the car is not taxed, but as you have found it's still registered.
So one would like to think, Dart 8102 PJ, is sitting in someones garage or a barn somewhere

The quest continues.
admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any photos of the Daimler? I could put up a page on the main site with your story and pics, or else just add them to this thread

cheers, Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: