classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Dashboard top for A60.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Dashboard top for A60. Reply with quote

A friend of mine is restoring an 1968 Austin A60 Estate. The dash top has been destroyed by the sun and he cannot find a new, or decent s/h replacement. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Don.
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is becoming a very common problem on a lot if cars and apart from sourcing a good secondhand one the only other option is to repad/recover - it will not look or feel the same though - you need a stetchy vynil. Some do actually look better than original!

If you can get the old covering off the the foam back without damageing the foam even better
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
bob2

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the same problem with the hunter and my decision is to recover it, will be tackled in the next couple of weeks and will let you know how it goes!!
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good Mk3 Humber Sceptre type which fitted the the early Hunter/Minxes/Geazells/Vogues. Tried to sell it but no one was interested so I binned it (5 yrs ago!) - excellent condition it was too Embarassed

This being almost flat would recover well but the hard foam underneath goes as well
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
bob2

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of ideas which might work and will leave the original hard foam in place!!

Will let u know when I try it out though!!
It sort of worked for a friend on his clubman which is similar!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: