classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1937 Daimler EL24 Cylinder Head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Timstopp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: 1937 Daimler EL24 Cylinder Head Reply with quote

I Know this is a long shot, a very very long shot.
A friend of mine has been restoring a 1937 Hooper bodied, convertible Daimler EL24, sadly at the end nearly of his restoration it turns out his cylinder head is scrap (numerous cracks and splits) and none of the stitching firms are able to repair. So, does anyone know where there might be either a late 1930's Daimler straight 6 cylinder head, or even engine/car as my friend is looking at having a pattern made and casting a cylinder head which is stupidly expensive. He has tried all the Daimler Clubs in the UK and Europe, but it seems the heads , in common with the straight 8 are fragile......
petelang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that someone in the DLOC will be able to lay hands on one. Tell your friend to post a part request on the website forum and the power of the web will put it in front of hundreds of people in the know.

http://www.dloc.org.uk/

There is also a page there with links to suppliers.
Dave Hollingshead is the EL24 registrar, and you can email him. If you send me a personal message I can let you have contact details.
Regards,
Peter
Timstopp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, yes thanks, unfortunately they have already spoken to Dave and asked if anyone in the dloc has one, to no avail. There is a chap in australia who has laminated some, but at £2000 he would like to see them first and , its quite a long way:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: