classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

INFO REQUIRED Avenger with ford crankshaft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
bp2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: INFO REQUIRED Avenger with ford crankshaft Reply with quote

I was looking through the avenger small ads and seen this:

"Parts For Sale Ad. (New Zealand) (28/10).
I have just fitted a Ford crankshaft into my 1600 Avenger block and stroked it to 80mm with a bore size of 91mm that give me a engine size of about 2090cc mutch better than try to find a Brazilian block "

There does not appear to be any contact information, seems an interesting project. I would be most grateful if anyone as the contact details of the person in New Zealand, if you have any information please post a reply. Does anyone know which ford crank would fit in a Avenger block?
Any information would be great.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: INFO REQUIRED Avenger with ford crankshaft Reply with quote

bp2000 wrote:
I was looking through the avenger small ads and seen this:

"Parts For Sale Ad. (New Zealand) (28/10).
I have just fitted a Ford crankshaft into my 1600 Avenger block and stroked it to 80mm with a bore size of 91mm that give me a engine size of about 2090cc mutch better than try to find a Brazilian block "

There does not appear to be any contact information, seems an interesting project. I would be most grateful if anyone as the contact details of the person in New Zealand, if you have any information please post a reply. Does anyone know which ford crank would fit in a Avenger block?
Any information would be great.

I had to remove some contact details (email addresses) from older ads on the site.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I copy and pasted the question to a ford orientated club site

one answer so far, a pointer to further investigation.

I know some of the Hillman and Ford parts were interchangeable but not too sure if this was also the case of engine internals, Avengers were still being built under the Chrysler badge in South America a lot longer than our UK Hillman or Talbot derivatives. If it was a Ford crank fitted into a Hillman/Chrysler engine then surely it would be from a Xflow aka Kent engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: