classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

I viewed the 1947 Jubilee Caravan On Ebay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: I viewed the 1947 Jubilee Caravan On Ebay Reply with quote

Today I went along to view the Jubilee caravan posted on ebay.I was the only person to have viewed it,its amazing how people bid blind.
At 18ft long and the roof line very high we thought it a bit large and heavy to tug around the country to events,especially as I would have liked to tow it with a vintage car.
I really liked the interior layout and thought it would make a good rental van for vintage holiday`s in the right setting,or would make a great vintage static caravan for someone.
The internal walls and ceiling were clad in fibreboard,...would this have been original for that period.?
The internal fittings and fixtures were very original,sink,cooker,underfloor bath and fire.
It had the usual damp and water ingress issues that an old caravan left to the elements normally gets.
The external side walls were very straight and the roof although dipping slightly in places was serviceable.

I was really up to the challenge of restoring the caravan,but my head ruled at the end of the day and I decided to let another person have the challenge.
I am sure it would make a lovely caravan when finished and towed with a large commercial to vintage shows.

Gresham
Onlyrwd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any pictures of this I must have missed it...

78 Cavalier GL
78 Manta Berlinetta

67/68 Thomson Glenelg WANTED
Dalek63

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photo's are here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330586082909&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Jubilee Caravan Reply with quote

Attending the Swaversey Steam Rally at the weekend I mentioned this Jubilee caravan to some local caravan exhibitors.
As I viewed the caravan only a few miles away I thought they might know something about it.
One of the chaps went into his caravan and produced a photograph of the caravan when he owned it about 15 years ago.
The other chap standing next to him was the brother in law of the seller of the caravan listed on ebay.
My neighbouring exhibitor also mentioned he had viewed the caravan in the past but decided it was too big and heavy for him.
It appears that someone near Norwich brought the Jubilee caravan off ebay,so we might see it at rallies in the future.

Gresham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: