classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

ECCR, Sweden
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
emmerson

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: ECCR, Sweden Reply with quote

This is my last post for a while now, as we're off to Europe until August, taking in the European Classic Caravan Rally in Sweden.
Anyone else going, I hope to see you there.
See you all in August.

Emmerson.
Brian M

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all set to go, will be at the meeting on 16th June after visiting Goteborg with the Volvo.

Book me a pitch in the very small English section!!
emmerson

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Scuse me, but if we get there first, it will be the WELSH section! Go safe
Knowsley

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you in Devon in September Emmerson

have a safe trip and happy towing

David
alan 869

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that we are around then as the NZ trips paperwork has taken for ever. Just might come to the meet if that is the case. We live in Linköping if anyone fancies a night or two in this area Very Happy
christine lowery

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: eccr sweden Reply with quote

hi alan 869
the gang are on route to sweden now so they will not get your message they would love to see a fellow forum member at the rally look for a royale and safari caravan

christine
on behalf of emmerson
alan 869

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

Not sure that I can make it as the wife is working. If any of them want to come up to Linköping they are welcome Smile
Brian M

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got back at the weekend - 2300 miles and Amazon and Safari performed faultlessly. Doing a write up which I'll put on here with some pics.

Friends of Emmerson will enjoy this: The two of us were the only UK outfits at the event and we again had to apologise that there was not a UK meeting planned. I was talking to a dutchman who expressed surprise that the ROYAL(E) CARAVAN CLUB couldn't find enough members to organise an event, as surely it was related to the ROYAL AUTOMOBILE CLUB!

King Emmerson was crowned in Sweden.

Yesterday they were in Berlin, en route to Vienna
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new there - everyone I know calls him "that 'king Emmerson".
emmerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey up everyone! I'm back! Thank you for that kind remark,Uncle Alec. I'll get you at playtime for that!
In BrianM's last post he said that I was in Berlin, heading south. I'm afraid I had to return to UK from Dresden, so did not complete my Euro marathon. This was due to the tragic death of a very dear friend, and we came home to attend her funeral. The lady was a Royale club member, and I'm very proud to rercord that no less than 25 members attended her funeral.
My wife and I were so shocked by her death that we decided not to return to Europe, but instead to go to the Isle of Skye, so I suppose you could say that we continued our tour. Scotland is still in Europe, after all! A fantastic holiday except for the bit in the middle, but we had to use my spare Royale for the second half, as the poor roads in Denmark, Germany and Sweden , and the huge mileage that my van has done, have taken their toll, with large cracks appearring in the fibregalss front panel. Discretion being the better part of valour, I made an executive decision (with which Herself agreed!) to leave the big van at home and continue in the small one. Up to that point, the big van had travelled over 2000 miles on this trip alone, and the total trip covered 7,248 miles, over 3,000 of which were towing.Not bad for a 18 year old Range Rover, and two caravans with a combined age of 66 years.
The ECCR was good as always, and with next years event being almost local (Holland), we'll be there again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: