classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Westfalia Caravan
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
oagy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot!!
The caravan has spent most of its life indoors before i bought it....i took it along to bus types and the amount of interest was amazing. I have the westfalia hub caps as well though there a little bit loose so i dont risk putting them on until we've set up, as these things are so difficult to come by.

My bus came from Georgia U.S.A it was owned by a guy called Joe Degrandis who is a retired photographer but in his spare time used to go boating down the rivers.All the river stickers he went down are still on the roof inside. he'd fasten the boat on top and tow an RV as well...Its great to know the history of these wonderfull buses Very Happy
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
How did you come across this caravan.? Was it in original condition or have you had to work on it.?
The interior looks of good quality. Very Happy

Gresham
oagy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
A friend of mine has one but his is a project. He asked me to look at one on ebay which i did and the rest is history.
This caravan has spent most of its life in storage. the log book shows two owners early in it's life then sometime back it resided in the Westfalia Museum until 2006, it then became the property and baby of The Late Rolf De Kam, a great lover and collector of all things Westfalia.
Its interior is 100% original,The internal wood is super clean tho i am in the middle of brye waxing it to bring out the shine again.
The curtains are original and does'nt seem to have lost any colour.
I also have the westy awnin which is also in great condition.
Its the best thing ive bought as well as my bus...

Thanks for asking about it.. Smile
alan 869

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be one of the last ones built. Looks superb, a great find. What model is it? These vans were very well made (I have a few brochures of them). Most of them have surcomed to rust as the bodies are steel as opposed to aluminium or fiber glass. Westphalia made all things trailer up to about the beginning of the 70s when they moved over to conversions.
oagy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan
its wohnmobile 330/4
It would be nice if you had a brochure on this model....
Do you any pictures of your caravan. I take it thats yours on your profile?
alan 869

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the Willerby Vogue thread

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9317&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

I found the brochure on the Wesfalia. It is a folder with loose leafs of some of the models. It´s from around the end of the 50s to the beginning of the 60s. Your model isn´t there but I think yours is a later version of the 310-4E. This there are 2 sides of. The cover for the leafs has quite a few nice fotos. Will try and get them posted up here so you can see them.... Smile
alan 869

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here goes:[img][/img]

[img][/img]
oagy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all... I have to say you've done a great job of your caravan, awesome!!!
Thanks for showing me pictures of the brochure....My friends is 1959 which looks exactly the same as the one in brochure..The window in the door.... when you look in from the outside its a mirror,where as mine is'nt, and the heater is on the inside of door, where as mines under the table where the double bed goes. the windows on the back of mine you can open both windows or the full section opens up which looks really cool, where as the earlier model doesnt open up as a full section..
Thanks again.. Darren. Smile
alan 869

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as I said, it´s probably a forrunner to yours. What model is your friends?
oagy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the pics to him.....his is the same as the brochure..
jonbott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice we saw one of these at camperjam the other weekend Cool
1972 vw camper
1971 mini project
I must be mad!!
simonyatesvw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: nice to seeu havwe joined Reply with quote

glad to see ur caravan is getting plenty of tlak and also glad tro see u have joined the club hope to see u at another show ........
thnx phil

alan 869

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: nice to seeu havwe joined Reply with quote

simonyatesvw wrote:
glad to see ur caravan is getting plenty of tlak and also glad tro see u have joined the club hope to see u at another show ........
thnx phil

How far have you got with the Vogue...

I´m going to bite the bullett and get some new cushions (will cost a bomb) but still, about all that´s left to do on it now bar a few interior bits Very Happy
oagy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phil thanks for telling me about this forum Very Happy
We went camping the other week and took along the westy awnin, for the first time..took 2hrs at least to put up..lol...we put the roof and sides on inside out at first Embarassed but got there in the end,i will post a couple of pics of it soon..
Our next show is vanfest, pondering wether or not to put it on show..we shall see.Hope to see you there..Hows yours comin along now, are you near the finishing line yet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: