classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Unique Bedford van
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Taco Truck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Unique Bedford van Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone have one of these for sale? I guess not! I think it may be a 1 off or at least very rare, I know it's some sort of Bedford Hybridized in Malta.

As it's highly likely I'll never find one of these to buy, I am thinking to get an old van of some sort and doing something similar through cusomization. Does any one know a good cutom car/body work shop around London of nearish to London? that could do this type of work?

bob2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen that around, that photo looks quite old as the number plate its wearing were phased out in the mid 90's at the very least its 16 years old.
Seems like a bus body but in a smaller scale, quite odd. Probably has been scrapped when the VRT was introduced since it was already looking tired at the time of the photo.
I've got a friend in the Commercial vehicles trust over here and will show him that photo, he might now something about it!
34HF90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic looking van, but what happens if you need a windscreen Question
34HF90

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on- too early in the morning for me....I guess that's a Plymouth Fury front and screen? Embarassed
bob2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what he said to me about it;

'The current whereabouts of that Bedford J2 minibus are unknown
If you would like more information on the minibus, it is supposedly fitted with Barbara bodywork and usage included minibus and breadvan. the photo was taken in 1989 in Birzebbuga.'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: