classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Another Willerby Vogue on Ebay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
captinbash

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Another Willerby Vogue on Ebay Reply with quote

Morning, I see this has just been listed on the bay of flees: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1957-Willerby-Vogue-Vintage-Caravan-project-full-restoration-/280752602418?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item415e28bd32#ht_1122wt_1185
Might be of interest to someone.
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This caravan is just up the road from me,I am going to view it.
Bit difficult making arrangements though. Exclamation
This makes a change most caravans of interest are the other end of the country. Sad

If anyone is interested in it I can give them a report on its condition. Shocked

It will obviously go for silly money.....a bit like small commercials are at the moment,i.e Austin A35,Morris Minor,Fordson, Bradford vans etc.

Gresham
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that the Willerby is at £1020.00 on Ebay and nobody has viewed it yet.
The caravan is in storage nearby but access is a problem at the moment,with no chassis and perhaps nothing inside,a lot of money will be spent on what is after all fibreglass.
Is anyone manufacturing copies of these caravans. Question
If not someone is missing a trick. Exclamation

Gresham
vwwillerby67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree they are very expensive and somebody will have to part with a lot of money but after all the hard work and the huge amount of money ive spent my wife still thinks its worth it but i woudnt like to think i was starting from scratch again as i feel like i started from very little (blue and cream willerby vogue owners) Very Happy
simonyatesvw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happened to the bidding on this caravan its all gone wth this aint a bit weird i wonder why its been knocked of?

Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click on the "bids" link in the listing, the seller says that all bids have been cancelled as the 'van isn't where they left it, possibly stolen....or have they sold it offline to someone?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
old van man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These vans on Ebay, the carlite and the vogue where bought of ebay a few years ago by one of these "classic caravan restoration companys"
they where mainly into airstreams and westmorland stars but had a dabble in brit classic vans , they was on this forum for a while , but stopted after a bit, think they just used it for a bit of free advertising
Am fairly sure the vogue is the one from north wales, the owner at the time had to dig it out from around the side of the house !
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something very fishy going on. Confused
First of all I was fobbed off about viewing the caravan,(i live not far away and thought about viewing for other interested parties),then i was told I could view at the weekend when block bookings were taking place.....come on,what are we selling a house or something else expensive,ha ha.
I was never contacted. Confused

Secondly when I checked the ebay listing after bidding had ended it stated only 3 bidders and a total of about £205.00,a few days ago it sat at over £1,000.00 Confused
I was at Wansford on Sunday taking part in a vintage and classic car rally,they are only in the next village.
I know what you mean about free advertising.....plus a bit of a know it all I thought. Very Happy

Gresham
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: