classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1931 Thompson on Ebay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Dalek63

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: 1931 Thompson on Ebay Reply with quote

looks like a good project.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Classic-Vintage-1931-Thompson-Caravan-Project-/200670529895?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item2eb8e54967
Mrcrab12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Width Reply with quote

Hello All,
Am I right in believing that a caravan over 7' wide can only be towed on the highway by a 'commercial' vehicle?
Best Regards.
Crab.
Penman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Quote:
If the towing vehicle has a permissible gross weight in excess of 3.5 tonnes the maximum width and length of the trailer are 2.55 metres and 12 metres respectively. If, however, the gross weight of the towing vehicle is 3.5 tonnes or less, then the maximum permissible width and length are 2.55 metres and 7 metres respectively. In both cases, the overall length of the towing vehicle and trailer must not exceed either 18m or 18.75m depending on the type of towing vehicle.

2.55m is 8ft4in

http://www.solentribster.com/towing_requirements.htm

The advert ahs a reference ton it being at the Glasgow Museum of Transport back in the 80s possibly 90s as well.

I wonder if Peter??????(is he the chap who works there?) can confirm it's history.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
old van man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am sure this is the third time the vans been on Ebay and although its looks strightish in the pics there,s still alot of work to do
i would recomend a good look round the van befor pressing the magic button Smile
The link to Thomson needs some more work to Wink
T-line H&I

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

Got new pictures to add to the Thomson Page, afraid ill health has slowed me down the last few months, trying to catch up again now so keep an eye out for updates to the pages and website.
Wink
Cheers

Graham

Yes, Third time its been sold since leaving the Heritage museum. Just hope this time it gets the ovelhaul done and we can all see it out and about in the shows etc.

Graham P Thompson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: