classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

happy newyear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
christine lowery

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:00 pm    Post subject: happy newyear Reply with quote

happy newyear everyone

i would like to congrarulate all the hard working forum members out there thank you for all the interesting posts and information that have been put on this forum.
As a member of the Royale owners club i would like to urge all classic caravan owner to get out and use there vans for what they were intended for, as i write a groop of our members will be gathering for a new year meet in cheshire.
We feel that winters to long to miss out on the friends and frendship that a royale gathering gives you so we rally all year round whenever possable trying to get the most out our classic 1970 /82 vans it's afterall what they were made to do
you don't need a classic rally in the summer,to use your van you would be surprised at the amount of people who would coment and praise your vans on a comercial site or temp holiday meet.

chris lowery
royale owners club Laughing
Dalek63

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Completely agree, we use our vintage Car Cruiser all the year round on caravan sites for holidays and long weekends. We are off to south Wales for the new year week. Lots of modern caravaners always come over for a chat about the old girl. So yes they were made to be used and enjoyed, not kept in a garage all year, except for the occasional show. so I hope more of us old caravan nutters will be on the road in the new year.
Knowsley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Christine sadly I mothball my Royale from October until March and the cover goes over the van and the cushions and curtains are all stored in the house dry and warm.

Having said that the Royale was 'rolled' out 13 times this year so we had good use of it.

Roll on the end of March when the cover comes off and she is packed and ready at a drop of a hat. First trip planned for the end of March, looking forward to organising my first Royale rally in Somerset in April. Four people have booked already

A happy New Year to all and keep the restoration stories coming

David
christine lowery

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi david
we hope to be there too, holidays are in so it's just the waiting to see if they are confirmed then we can send the slip We managed to get away over 20 times last year however we do have a touranger that we keep in the lakes
so sometimes towing isn't involved (cheating maybe) looking forward to seeing you soon
chris and christine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: