classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Help please - Ceramic Balast Resistor for 1970s Jeep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Invicta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Help please - Ceramic Balast Resistor for 1970s Jeep Reply with quote

The renovation work on my Mitsubishi J26 Jeep continues nicely.

It might even be ready for the sunny weather I have been biding for on e-bay - aparently everyone is auctioning stuff on there these days Laughing

Timming is definetly too far retarded (probably when someone previously replaced the cam chain?) - this appears to be the cause of the overheating problem.
Once I've done this how many want to bet I should of fitted a new cylinder head gasket too instead of keeping my fingers crossed Smile

While working on this I noticed the small ceramic balast resistor was split. The end had been badly crimped so that's been done properly now.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement resistor from please?

Also if anyone knows of suitable "get togethers" around Gloucestershire\Worcestershie\Herefordshire during Easter then please let me know where and when.

Kind regards, Bernard
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bernard

Glad to here you are making progress, regarding your ballast resistor, whilst they are all similar ideally it should be exactly the same resistance as the coil so that you get the appropriate voltage split across the coil and resistor.
Try this firm www.holden.co.uk they are in you neck of the woods and focus mailnly on electrical stuff.

Cheers Dave
Invicta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

This is very kind of you. I'll get on to them Monday.
Kind regards, Bernard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: