classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New Hudson Cycle Project Finally Finished!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
scott_budds

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: New Hudson Cycle Project Finally Finished!! Reply with quote

I finally have finished the old “New Hudson” cycle project Ive been working on along side my Lotus. It feel really good to actually get something finished. I was given this old bike a few years back and have always wanted a rod brake bike. It’s been great getting to grips with how the rod brakes fit and work. I’m not sure of the bikes age so if anyone has an idea, I would be interested to know? The bike had been painted a few times so I repainted it and cleaned up the bright work. I had to make a broken spring in the rear hub and bought a few parts from ebay. The only thing I’m not pleased with was the pedals I bought which were not new old stock but India’s finest...

Trouble is now I have been looking for a 1920s motorbike. I really love the Triumph Model H or R 500 single. There is a nice one on ebay at the moment as well as a nice 1924 New Husdon...MUST FINISH LOTUS PROJECT FIRST Arghhhhh

Buddsy
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it, fancy something similar too Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
bob2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it, been contemplating finding a similar one lately, know a guy who's got many old bikes, both restored and unrestored. Maybe I could talk him into selling me one!
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Like it, fancy something similar too Smile

RJ

Hi

Big wheel at the front.......

I am liking the restored example! Very Happy

Now to break the brooks in!

Cheers

Dave
scott_budds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chaps.

I think the front wheel only looks bigger. I dont think it actually is. The Brooks was a saddle I found at a car boot sale. The old one I still have looks much more modern kind of plastic and a bit broken but I actually think it is the original seat? I did have a job getting the pressed steel made in England clamp for the Brooks seat. There are plenty of cheap foreign ones or nice ally racing ones but eventually got a press steel made in England one from Ebay.

As much of my life becomes more computer involved I am lusting after mechanical thing to surround myself with!

Buddsy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: