classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Reupholster rear seat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reupholster rear seat Reply with quote

My vintage vauxhall retains its original Bedford Cord upholstery. It was filty when I purchased the car but I was lucky to be able to buy some dry clean powder from a fellow poster in here. The powder cleaned it up a treat but the water stains in the rear have proven more stubborn and have come back with a vengeance.
I am again pondering best action, do I simply throw over a covering or do I go for a new Bedford Cord covering.
Any indications as to how much I could expect to pay for a recover of the rear bench seat back and squab which seats three adults?
Comments and advise welcomed.
peter scott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A stained original always looks better than a replica. Old cars should look old. (Well you did ask! Wink )

Peter
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter scott wrote:
A stained original always looks better than a replica. Old cars should look old. (Well you did ask! Wink )

Peter

A number of people have said that to me during last years events. I also understand that the VSCC also advocate keeping old original in poor condition rather then replace with replica. A message for me perhaps. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: