classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Differences in 1962 mercury Comet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
extremesport

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Differences in 1962 mercury Comet Reply with quote

I have recently started a resto on a 1962 Mercury Comet. This will be my sons first car and we are doing this as a father son project. We purchased a 4 door vehicle to strip for parts and a 2 door to restore. As we begin to look deeper into the process, we are finding major differences in the vehicles as far as trim package. All the body parts we needed will work fine (Trunk lid, Hood, Fenders etc.) but the trim package is entirely different. Bumpers, Grille, Headlight doors, tail lights and even the model badges. I know there is a difference between the base model and the S-22 sport coupe but this 2 door is not the S-22. The title says 1962 B. Browsing the internet I am finding all different trim packages even on the 2 S-22. My question is, what is the difference between the 1962 and the 1962 B Mercury Comet?
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The S22 had six tail lights. The interior was different, later models had a similar interior to the Comet Custom I am not sure about the '62 it could have been uniique to the S22. The S22 also had special carpets extra badges on the out side, a horn ring and the wheels were painted red. Hope that is some help to you
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit more information for you. The S22 had bucket front seats, it seems as though all the other Comets had a bench front seat. They were classed as six passenger whereas the the S22 was called a five passenger. Two different engines were available, a 144 cu. inch and a 170 cu.in. with 85 and 101 b.h.p respectively
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: