classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Sending car doors by courier service ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
rob needs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Sending car doors by courier service ?? Reply with quote

I need to send 4 doors to Southampton from Bristol,thing is,do i have to wrap them because thats going to be a real pain.
Or can i just stick label's on the doors? I've sent an email to interparcel.com asking and i am waiting for a reply,has anybody done this sort of thing before.
Cheers,
rob.
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite often; my business is in part supplying secondhand car spares. I put each door in a large polythene sack and seal with parcel tape. If a large enough sack cannot be sourced, then scrounge some blue damp-proof membrane from a builder and wrap them in that. A parcel tape aplicator makes the job much easier and they are not dear, in fact you can often get a free one when ordering the tape.
Having said that, I often invoke the Old Car Mafia by asking on a relevant forum if anyone is making the trip and would they like some money towards the fuel. It's very rare for any of my larger Riley parts to need the services of a courier. Both the RM Club and Discovery Owners Club have Transport Divisions on which one can seek the services of a suitably destined fellow member.
rob needs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks uncle Alec,I'm in the building game and have some plastic,i was thinking of wraping them in that industrial cling film.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: