classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1964 Vauxhall blue colour code wanted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
zagatoman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: 1964 Vauxhall blue colour code wanted Reply with quote

Hi

Wonder if you might be able to help.

Just got myself a 1964 Victor FB VX490 and was wondering about the colour. The code on the plate is 562A but I can find no reference to the paint code for the paint factor.

Please see photograph of my car. looks a bit blue in the pic. but is a bit greyer in life.

Any help you could provide with colour name and paint code would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Wood

Inglewood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try

http://color-online.glasurit.com/
Richard H

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the name/code, but the best thing to do is take a sample of paint to a paint factor with a spectrometer, and have some mixed to order, it's not that expensive. My dad recently took the filler cap off his FB (Limestone White) and took it round to a local paint factor who mixed up a litre the very same day. This is the company we use:

C.A.R.S. Ltd.

Unit 5, Thames Estuary Industrial Estate,
Canvey Island
Essex
SS8 0PB

01268 510136

If you're in the South East, they also have branches at Dagenham and Edmonton.
Churchill Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking through my ICI. paint charts it may be strata blue which is a grey-blue the paint codes on any car plate is only relevant to the manufactures but as soon as they are out of date unless someone has kept a list information is lost i have looked at my w/shp manuals [genuine] but they do not list paint or trim codes to a certain colour as has been stated your best bet is to get paint colour matched as any paint will fade and even the correct colour may stand out. Must say i have a soft spot for the FB VX 4/90 and can remember the smell of real leather seats and wooden dash the vauxhall engines were the biggest let down as they got tired at about 50k.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: