classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New Riverside Transport Museum Now Open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: New Riverside Transport Museum Now Open. Reply with quote

On Tuesday morning the new Riverside Transport Museum opened to the public. Even though it was raining heavily we still had 8000 visitors on the first day (and the next three days) and yesterday (Saturday) it went up to 16000. Summer holidays start on Monday for 6 weeks! Shocked

It's taken £74,000,000 and 10 years of planning, design, building and research to create this 21st Century experience of 19th & 20th Century transport for our visitors, and also just in time for the Olympic and Commonwealth Games taking place during the next 4 years.

Riverside Transport Museum
47p2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wife visited it with her mum on Friday, only to see son-in-laws climbing shoes. Her mum (86) enjoyed it telling stories of the blitz and tram cars.

I'll wait until the school holidays are finished before venturing over, looking forward to seeing it.
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John - let me know when you're going and if you want some company for a while I can meet you there?

Fridays I'm based at Riverside, so if that's convenient that'd be great, but please suit yourself as I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out yourself without me. Wink
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't seem to be able to find a website that lists what's there - can you help?
Scotty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riley541 wrote:
I don't seem to be able to find a website that lists what's there - can you help?

Try this link - http://collections.glasgowmuseums.com/cld.html?cid=534636

(You might have to copy & paste it as I've just bought a new laptop and I haven't figured out how to check web links embedded in posts such as this. There must be a 'button' somewhere, but can I find it!!!! Confused )

Alternatively do a search for Glasgow Museums and follow the internal linked pages to search for what your looking for - hope this helps. Wink

Last edited by Scotty on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that's what I was looking for!
47p2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Scotty, maybe another group meeting once the initial buzz quietens down could be arranged.

For anyone interested there is a program on BBC2 (Scotland only) this evening at 10:00pm all about The Transport Museum I shall be watching it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: