classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Classic caravans at Stapleford Park this Bank Holiday.?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Classic caravans at Stapleford Park this Bank Holiday.? Reply with quote

Hello,
I heard there might be some classic caravans at Stapleford Park this weekend. Am I right,?

Gresham
Fluffle-Valve

Location: At my computer in a bungalow in Duston, Northampton.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno...
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your forthright answer. Very Happy

Gresham
Fluffle-Valve

Location: At my computer in a bungalow in Duston, Northampton.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gresham flyer wrote:
Thank you for your forthright answer. Very Happy

Gresham

There's a nice minature railway there.... and it's open this weekend coming...
old van man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be classic caravans there , we normally attend but we are camping in sunny wales at the mo Very Happy
had a sort out the other day, have got a very nice intact, 1930s ridge tent , the type with the side walls you can roll up , looks good with a 20s / 30s van
comes with a table and fold up beds, am open to offers Very Happy Very Happy
Brian M

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The meeting this weekend is open to all classic caravans, but ~i am using it to try to get some Safaris together so this is the message from my forum but all other makes are more than welcome.

I am going up tomorrow (Friday) with two grand children.

CLASSIC SAFARI CARAVAN MEETING
STAPLEFORD PARK
Stapleford, Nr. Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, LE14 2EF
27th August to 30th August 2011
Last year 13 Safaris attended the World Record Attempt at Stapleford Park and the organisers have again invited us to come to Stapleford again this August Bank holiday and put on a display. There is no record attempt like last year again but everybody seemed to enjoy the venue so much. This is a free to enter event but all exhibits must have public liability insurance like last year and be prepared to stop until at least 5 pm on the Monday due to no vehicle movements whilst the show is in progress. You can arrive from Friday morning and stop until Tuesday dinnertime, just like last year.
There is no electric, but there are toilets, water and waste disposal facilities.

DIRECTIONS
By Road
From the South
The best route from London is the A1. Take it north towards Grantham (approximately 90 miles). Leave the A1 on to the B676 sign posted Colsterworth and Melton Mowbray. Drive about 9 miles, through the village of Saxby, then turn left at the signpost to Stapleford.
M1
You may of course wish to travel from the south on the M1:
Take junction 21A, sign posted A46 Leicester and Newark, and on to the A607 Melton Mowbray.
From Melton Mowbray
Follow the ring road A607 and signs for Grantham, stay in the right hand lane until the Grantham road turns left, you should now be in the centre lane. Drive straight across the traffic lights, following the signs for the B676 to Colsterworth and Stapleford. After 4 miles turn right at the signpost to Stapleford. We are situated approximately 200 yards on the left hand side.
From the North
M1 – Travelling down from the north leave M1 at junction 24, through Kegworth on the A6 then following A6006 to Melton Mowbray.
From Birmingham and Environs
Take the M42 north junction 7 and join the M6 heading East towards Coventry. At junction 2 take the M69 towards Leicester. Join the M1 for one junction and leave at junction 21A sign posted A46 Leicester and Newark, and on to the A607 Melton Mowbray.

This is a further post by Nich Stanyard who is the organiser of the whole event and it gives some extra details.

Re: Stapleford Park August 27-30.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brian, the show is only on for the Sunday , Monday, but any exhibiters are welcome from Thursday Lunch time, I shall be on site myself to welcome anyone that turns up from then onwards, That way the park can be used as a base for two and a half days to explore the local area befor the show starts. again on the Friday evening a road run is taking place for anyone with a classic car to Melton Mowbray market place where an informal classic vehicle meeting takes place.. I am also led to belive that on the Saturday theyre running a free exhibiters train again like last year.. website for Stapleford is www.fsmr.org.uk but unlike last year when we had to cap the year at 1980 for the most modern caravan alowed to exhibt, this year I am pushing to let ALL Classic Safaris exhibit that want to come along. Nich

If anyone from OCC does come, please come to my Safari (with the blue Volvo Amazon) as I missed meeting you last year at the world record attempt.
emmerson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian. Having been away for such a long period, we've got too much catching to do to attend Stapleford, much as we'd like to. Have a great time, and give my regards to Nich.
emmerson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Skye said "Hello to the boys. Woof!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: