classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1972 Morris Minor Van Barn Find In Lincolnshire
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: 1972 Morris Minor Van Barn Find In Lincolnshire Reply with quote

Yesterday I went into Lincolnshire from my county of Cambridgeshire to look at a Morris Minor Van that had been in storage since 1985. Very Happy

I spotted a small advert in an obscure publication that got my heart racing,phoned the gentleman selling the van(I was the first) and went the next day.,with my trailer and a fistful of cash,it always works.

Looking through the dirt and dust I soon discovered a really good find.
The van had belonged to a farmer from new and put in storage when not wanted anymore,(unlike being left outside under a sheet to rot away) they have so many buildings to hide items away.

It had covered 56,000 miles,and looking at the bodywork,seats,rubber matting and foot pedals it all tied in. Very Happy
The rear body is dent free,the gutters are perfect and the rear interior floor has not seen any hard work.
I spent today powerwashing the van inside and out, if you are careful there is nothing to spoil unlike a car.
The engine had not run since 1985,so going through all the usual procedures to an engine after such a long layup I had it running just before teatime. Very Happy
The next job is to replace all the brake cylinders,shoes and master cylinder,then I can stop the van.
The van is finished in Teal Blue(original) so makes a change from some of the boring colour schemes. Very Happy
Welding wise it appears the front crossmember,two small holes in the rear floor next to the wheelarches,a small hole to an inner wing bottom and one of the rear body fixing lugs is all there is to do.
I will post some photo`s.

gresham
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a belter, lucky %^%&^@@$$ Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Greg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds Great......it shows they're still hiding out there, waiting to be found!!
Look forward to seeing the pictures...best of luck with it,
Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: