classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Good caravan lighting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Good caravan lighting Reply with quote

Past couple of years I have struggled with a lack of decent lighting in my vintage caravan, using a torch isn't the best form of internal lighting!
So may I have your recommendations please, bear in mind my caravan is 1929/30 and do not want modern fixed lighting which would look out of place. Although I understand that a small 12v light would have been fitted when new?
Thank you.
young van man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, my 39 winchester has two 12v ceiling lights but are quite bright so i tapped in to the wiring and fitted discreet cigerette lighter sockets, that way i have converted old standard oil lamps to take a 12 bulb some wire ... and plugged em in ,they look the part yet simple and bright with out the mess..... would not look out of place in a 20s van either.... simples click!

hope this helps.
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great idea, best ideas are always the simple ones. Thanks for suggestion my problem is solved Very Happy
young van man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple way is buy a new old style oil lamp that is 240v remove plug and replace with cigarette plug then remove 240 bulb and replace with 12v baynet bulb from boat yards etc jobs a good en....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: