classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

chateaumobile trailer tent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
vol460gle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: chateaumobile trailer tent Reply with quote

The chateau mobile is all finished now and have enjoyed it all year.

Dalek63

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking amazing mate, well done!
Fluffle-Valve

Location: At my computer in a bungalow in Duston, Northampton.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, like it... Looks quite amazing. What did it start out looking like?
vol460gle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not take any very good photos before i started, but it needed a lot of work. tyres brakes were all shot,all hinges were broken and the wood main frame were the lids hinge on were splt and had to be repaired. Plywood side panels were all water damaged, ends were ok. The 2 beds have storage underneath and the wood inside was all shot. Canvas roof had to be replaced. The 4 jack legs were rotten so new box section was used. Axle was held in with 2 bolts instead of 8 and were of the wrong size.

Last edited by vol460gle on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks very nice,well done.!!! Very Happy

I have just purchased a one owner Morris Minor Traveller 1964,it has a tow bar and electrics at the rear.
The family owned a small caravan or such like, that they towed behind it in the sixties,perhaps it was something similar to this.?
It would not have been anything much larger.
I am contacting their son to see if he has any photo`s.

Regards
Gresham Flyer
wreckmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Chateau you`ve got there sir ? What year is it? My father has got an 1961 one, made by Widerøe airline and metall factory lol, only the here it is called Lillebror Very Happy We use it every summer behind an 1954 Opel Käpitan Smile Is your Lillebror norwegian made or french / belgian made? Enjoy it
Kelsham

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: folding caravan Reply with quote

It looks as if you have cause to be proud of the job you have done. Could you tell me where you purchased the material for the hood cover? I need to replace some tent canvas on my 1968 folding Barron.

Regards Kels.
vol460gle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks alot, its a 1965 model made in norway and i bought it from a chap in warrington in 2007 who,d stored it in a garage for along time but damp had got at it.He was the second owner and bought it from a chap who never used it to camp in but put it up in the summer months for his grandchildren to use as a play house.
I got the canvas made from a firm in stockton on tees, they make tarps and covers for wagons so had old sort of tarp in that old green colour. If you look on the net or yellow pages check for firms who deal in making stuff out of canvas for anything eg. wagons not just tents it might help you better Wink

Love to see some pics of a folding barron never seen one. Wink

alan 869

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wreckmaster wrote:
Nice Chateau you`ve got there sir ? What year is it? My father has got an 1961 one, made by Widerøe airline and metall factory lol, only the here it is called Lillebror Very Happy We use it every summer behind an 1954 Opel Käpitan Smile Is your Lillebror norwegian made or french / belgian made? Enjoy it

Quite a few -Lillebror- in Sweden. Didn´t know that they were also made in France-Belgium. Lillebror being Norwegian for -little brother-
vol460gle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only about between 20/30 in England (I think) roughly how many do you think there is in sweden. thanks jeff.
alan 869

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say how many. 20 or 30 tops. They were sold from a sporting - tent/camping shop on one of the main streets in Stockholm in the late 50s to the end of the 60s (I would guess). One of the members of -campingveteranerna- restored one more than 10 years ago but sold it subsequently. There might be a couple still on the roads here but I wouldn´t think more than a couple.

Best bet would be to send an email to the Norwegian veteran camping club. Most of the survivers would be in Norway

http://www.veterancamping.no/index.php?option=com_contact&view=category&catid=40&Itemid=59

The chairman (leder), a lady called Ingunn would be best. Most Norwegians speak good english. Rolling Eyes Wink
vol460gle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, not many then,I thought there would be lots more than that. Wink
I will send them an email, thanks
alan 869

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I´ve been interested in all things camping-caravans for the last 20 years or so, only seen 2. Think that there should be a number in barns and up against walls in larger garages. Should be quite a few in Norway but I have no way of knowing how many. I have a little literature about -Lillebror- but in Swedish. Have myself something like it which is Swedish made. Slightly larger but lighter than the -Lillebror- (would put up some pics but this business with photobucket is a pain Shocked )
vol460gle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great have sent you a pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: