classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

BBC1 The One Show Vintage Sprite Caravan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Knowsley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: BBC1 The One Show Vintage Sprite Caravan Reply with quote

Hi guys

Just found this on the internet

Thought I would post on here as the best possible place to find an owner of an old Sprite

Dear All,

** WANTED - OWNER OF 1950/1960 SPRITE CARAVAN FOR BBC ONE SHOW FILM!!! **

We are on a quest to find an owner of a 1950/1960 Sprite Caravan to interview for a short film for The One Show on the history of the Sprite Caravan.

We want to evoke some of the nostalgia created by the documentary - Caravan - A British Love Affair and bring it to The One Show audience.

We would love to meet an individual or family that own a Sprite caravan and have either had it in the family for years, or have lovingly restored it to it's former glory.

If you are that person, or know of anyone that might be interested, please do not hesitate to get in touch - my telephone number is 01179 747 878.

Many Thanks,

Heather

Last edited by Knowsley on Sun May 06, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scarlet Snail

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DARN I've just stripped mine down to restore!!
MVPeters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarlet - the Beeb might still be interested - you never know!
Scarlet Snail

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to find out! I'll give her a ring..
John ('Scarlet Snail')
Scarlet Snail

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I phoned the beeb on Tuesday and they were very interested, but wanted me to be a long way from home the next day. Just not enough notice! Nearly famous, Crying or Very sad but they were interested in my collection for future reference. Smile
alan 869

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they want a few photos of a renovated Vogue then let me know.
Knowsley

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: The One Show Reply with quote

So who saw The One Show on Friday night?

Lovely Sprite 14 in all her glory. The chap had done a great job in restoring her.

Andy Jenkinson gave expert knowledge as usual but it was a shame he didn't get to plug his book

But all in all a positive response from the presenters and program itself

For those it missed it, it's on IPlayer for a few weeks, fast forward about 21 minutes in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b01h5jff/

David
gresham flyer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They contacted me last year about using one of my caravans and classic cars.
First off one of the towcars I suggested was too upmarket for them.
"What other cars did I have" they asked,"can you not just slap a towbar and electrics on one of those for the filming" they enquired.

Then the Carlight Caselette 12 ft I suggested using was too upmarket,"did i not have a more working class caravan", they asked.

The venue started off local to me then it was moved miles away.

I explained that I ran my own business and would lose valuable earnings+ expenses getting the outfit to a venue.
"Sorry no money available just the glory of your caravan on the programme" was the reply.
I then had a call from them asking to be available the following day in the morning,it was out of season and a car and caravan had to be got ready (one days notice at least).
I declined their offer of stardom,and retreated into exile.

Gresham Flyer
alan 869

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media always think that every one is falling over backwards in an effort to -be seen- Notoriety is apparently what it´s all about. Yeah sure. It´s the same over here. Can you have it ready for yesturday, we know it´s a bit short notice. Museums arn´t any better. -We are doing a camping theme and would like some period -stuff- Can we come down tomorrow and collect.-What "stuff" do you want. They haven´t a clue. -Something nice and period- They come with a van and load up lots of the things you have spent 20 years collecting and then when you get it all back they have -misplaced- some bits. -Oh well never mind, these things happen- So I have said - Not any more they don´t. If you can´t look after other peoples property, you have no buisness borrowing it-. Car mags are a laugh. The only thing they know about caravans is that they usually don´t have a motor. -Well, if you want to get your face and name in our excellent mag then you´ll have to tow the line- Would you all like to know the Swedish translation for -get knotted- Rolling Eyes I like being -unseen- Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: