classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1972 Spitfire MkIV - SOLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
RobMoore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: 1972 Spitfire MkIV - SOLD Reply with quote

I'm selling my Spitty as I have now got a eunos, the spitty at 40 year old has proved to be very reliable but it just does not deserve the daily drive role. Although she has never let me down since I got her I was always a little worried on long trips and this is what has prompted me to get the 5. I never thought I would sell here but ther you go. If I had the space I would be keeping her for sure.

Since I only have 1 garage it sadly has to go.

I got this last spring when I upgrade from a morris minor and must say it has been a total hoot and pleasure to drive, whilst not being furgal with the go go juice getting I think around 32mpg, this was far outweighed by smiles per gallon Smile.

You can see some pics of the car along with most of the work I have done on my blog http://mkivspitty.blogspot.com/

Ok so about the car

It is a MK IV manufactured in August 1972 I think.

It has 2900 ish on the clock assume 102900 or more.

MOT expires sometime in March

Tax is to August I think but its Tax Exempt anyway.

Engine is 1300 with a 4 speed non-overdrive box.

All electrics now function correctly.

It drives very nice, pulling through all the gears without any crunching or unusual noises and stop as it should.

The car is pretty much standard except for the addition of Servo on the braking system.

A full stainless sports exhaust and manifold, it is nice and loud and sounds very nice.

It does come with a hard top, (restored this myself)

Alloy rocker cover, was going to put the steel one back on as alloy ones tend to amplify tappet sound.

Electronic ignition

Iridium spark plugs

It has a jack and handle in the boot with the spare

The car was restored by a previous owner, I do not know when this took place. but she is still in reasonable order considering her age.

Since I have owned the car I have done quite a few fettling jobs and given it a re-spray as the previous owners job was pretty thin and one could see primer in a few areas.

Got the horn working

Got reversing light working via a dash switch

Polished dashpots

De-coke of the head and new gaskets to cure an oil leak

Sorted missing presstuds and hood retaining plate.

Re-spray - not perfect but IMHO presentable.

Replaced rubber fule line with copper

Sorted some of the dash

reselaed the windcreen capping

fitted new sunvisors

fitted new thermostat

Replaced the bucket seats with some spitfire ones ( my intention was to refurb the buckets and put them back in)

Re-furbed all 5 wheels

fitted black number plates

replaced starter motor

Serviced about 2000 miles ago

The only rust I am currently aware of is the driver front 1/4 valence this is a bolt on fit and I do have a replacement.

The following come with the car

Hardtop

2 5j wheels

2 doors with hinges and glass and runners

2 bucket seats with runners

haynes manual

Windscreen capping

2 seat frames

Period radio, it doesnt work but you wont be listening to any radio in this car anyway Razz

Front windscreem Stainless trim (I have attempted to fit but do not have the patience)

I am sure there are other bits and bobs

There will always be something to do on a car of this age.

The carpet could do with beaing replaced although are still useable

The seats fitted could do with re-furb or just sort the buckets and fit them.

Please note this is not concours by any means though I imagine it could be if that was your desire. This is a working car that I have used for shopping and a short commute to work as well as drives out to car shows etc and a trip to the Lincolnshire.

Looking for £2500

Viewing is recommended and indeed encourage since opinions do invarioubly differ

The buyer will need to arrive in a vehicle that has room for spares as what it comes with will not fit inside the car

PM me via forum or email me robamoore1 at yahoo dot com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: