classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

STOLEN 1970 Rambler Ambassador Estate
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: STOLEN 1970 Rambler Ambassador Estate Reply with quote

1970 Rambler Ambassador Estate

Stolen from Canvey island yesterday Sunday 26th February between 13.45 and 14.30 from a friends drive

It only had £20 of fuel in it so couldnt have got far....
Theres only 2 registered in this country and he imported it from Australia a few years ago

Richard H

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyes are peeled.
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth would someone steal it?. I'm not knocking the car but surely such an individual and easily identifiable car must be impossible to sell or even banger race without drawing attention to the thieves who took it.
I hope the owner gets it back.
The gall of these thieves is almost as amazing as the pathetic punishment dished out by the courts to any that get caught.
Julian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconsdozen wrote:
Why on earth would someone steal it?..

I'm afraid that the obvious answer these days, with scrap prices being so high, is for P*keys to pinch it, pull it to bits and weigh it in.

What would it weigh - 3 tons? That's £500 redies for Mr P*key.

Talking P*keys, I walked the dog this morning in Marbury Park close to Northwich and found a set of temporary road-works style traffic lights abandoned. Both units had been cut into and the batteries taken!

Julian.
Richard H

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably been taken for scrap. The owner needs to drive round all the scrapyards in Charfleets (near Camping & General) on Canvey to see if any of them have been offered it. Sad
MVPeters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just INCREDIBLE!
There was a thread here a while ago about some equally unique vehicles being stolen.
Even if stripped, the individual parts are still going to be immaculate & I can't imagine any scrappie not questioning why they are 'scrap'.
& I can't see the point of a unscrupulous collector wanting it, because he can't use it or show it off to anyone.

In this day & age of instant communications, you'd think it possible for all scrap yards &, for that matter, Customs & container ports, to be alerted immediately, wouldn't you?

Anyway, I certainly hope it's recovered - please keep us in touch.

PS - one thread starts here - search the forums for "stolen" for many others - there can't be anything more distinctive than this one:
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9191&sid=168d0f0a9a104650f88bcae737a2e078
Julian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVPeters wrote:
Even if stripped, the individual parts are still going to be immaculate & I can't imagine any scrappie not questioning why they are 'scrap'.

Mr P*key doesn't give a flying you know what Sad - they don't adhere to the same social rules as you and me. The heavy stuff like engine blocks will get a sledge hammer stuck through it and dragged around the dirt via one of their stolen 4*4 vehicles and the sheet stuff will be smashed up and probably treated to a bit of a bonfire of copper cabling insulation to make it unrecognisable.

That said, I think I read in one of the newspapers that the criminals are filling shipping containers with scrap and sending it directly to India/China/WHY, that was in the south east.

Julian.
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! maybe we should get Top Gear involved in this trend. I hear that Mr Clarkson has some radical ideas for the under-employed!

Paul
Julian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAUL BEAUMONT wrote:
. I hear that Mr Clarkson has some radical ideas for the under-employed!

Paul

Ah, remember that Mr P*key is a bona fide ethnic minority so Mr Clarkson's rules can't be implemented. What we can do however is built them more sites here there and everywhere at taxpayers expense!

Julian.
Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get us started on py*e sites,

We are not too far from Dale Farm, and Canvey is closer still.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye lets keep off the 3.14159265......key topic pls.

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Julian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger-hatchy wrote:
Don't get us started on py*e sites,

We are not too far from Dale Farm, and Canvey is closer still.

They are 'the enemy' in the countryside I'm afraid. I spend my life making sure any potential 'pinchables' are hidden from view and I've recently spent about £1500 on CCTV and remote alarms. I have to say that the CCTV camera that points at our gate seems to have done the trick and I've not had one P*key snooping around or trying to sell me ''knocked-off'' generators etc since I erected it.

Recently they've been stealing copper cabling from the underground GPO culverts alongside the main road. Here's what they do: raise two manhole covers a few hundred yards apart (constructed from concrete so not taken) cut through the cable at both spots and tie one end via a length of rope to a 4WD. Next they drive off pulling out the cable and then drive into a handy field adjacent to the road and finally from there it goes into the back of a Tranny van and off for scrap! It makes a bad mess as much of the old bituminous insulation gets pulled off during the process.

Julian.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: