classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Black paint removal, on wool of England headlining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Black paint removal, on wool of England headlining. Reply with quote

I made a REAL bommer last night Rolling Eyes
I took off the headlining to replace the antenna,
but the antenna on the car, has a extra location hole, behind the original WP hole.

So the original W&P roof antenna wouldnt cover it, so the old one had to go back,
but while I tried to fit the WP antenna, did I break some of the thick paint around the edge of the hole.
I then took some Black paint, and carefully painted it, WITH MY HAND UNDERNEATH, so it wouldnt drip on the wool headlining.

I then went to get the original antenna foot, and fitted it,
then later on, AFTER I painted glue on the frame, and the wool headlining,
did I see a BIG Black blob of paint, on the headlining Crying or Very sad .
I then took a piece of White cloth, soaked it in thinners, pulled the headlining off again (glue still soft)
put the cloth, on top of the Black paint, above the headlining(yes my arm got covered in glue) Rolling Eyes
and then spraid it from the outside (visible side) with brake cleaners, while wiping with a clean cloth, and would you belive it ---
all the Black paint came off the headlining Wink

Hope this can help some one else, restoring a car with stains/paint on the interior parts.

Brake cleaner also remove grease - oil - etc, without any trace, from other interior surfaces.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: