classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Steering revamp on Series E Morris 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
hunsta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Steering revamp on Series E Morris 8 Reply with quote

Ok so Ive started going over my E series Morris 8 and there seems to be alot of up and down movement and back and forth from the wheels. So Id like to replace what I can(if I can) on it. Is there a steering style kit (yeah yeah dont laugh too hard) that I can get or is it a source it bit by bit kinda thing. Im in Australia, so if theres any aussie inmates in here (TribleElder???) that know where I can source the parts? Of anyone else. Quite happy to pay O/S freights.
Ive been scowering the net but seem to keep coming up blank. Anyone got any links I can go to, or sure fire suppliers?
Cheers
Craig
TribalElder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the wear is in the kingpins? I believe that this mob in Oz can help you for that... vanguardtriumph@westnet.com.au

How are your Armstrongs? Parts are difficult to get but they can be reco'd. Wheel bearings ok?

Spare parts suppliers in UK http://www.iamo.org.uk/Alecs%20page/Morris%208%20web%20site%20-%20sources%20of%20spares.htm

Wheel bearings I might have some front spares in my shed, will check it out after the Grand Final.

I'll look up my supplier list and get some part numbers.

Ian

It's hard to run like an Emu
When you are girt by Numbats
hunsta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TribalElder wrote:
Do you think the wear is in the kingpins? I believe that this mob in Oz can help you for that... vanguardtriumph@westnet.com.au

How are your Armstrongs? Parts are difficult to get but they can be reco'd. Wheel bearings ok?

Spare parts suppliers in UK http://www.iamo.org.uk/Alecs%20page/Morris%208%20web%20site%20-%20sources%20of%20spares.htm

Wheel bearings I might have some front spares in my shed, will check it out after the Grand Final.

I'll look up my supplier list and get some part numbers.

Ian

Thanks very much for that mate. Ill check them out. As for whats actually wrong. Im not really sure, as I spent my life avoiding car repairing (although Im not totally without some knowledge) instead opting for motorcycles which had far less moving parts. The movement I have is an up/down movement in the king pin area. Which Im assuming is a bushing or spacer problem. However while its all apart I would prefer to replace everything I can, so as not to have to do it at a later stage when the car is finished. The sideways movement I assume is from worn wheel bearings. If you do have a spare new set I would be glad to buy them off you.
Cheers
Craig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: