classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

MOT comes round again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: MOT comes round again Reply with quote

It's that time of year again and I've just booked my P5b in for its annual inspection. For some reason that escapes me I never feel that confident with this car,it's only broken down once (dirt in the carbs) since I've had it and never failed an MOT but it never inspires the confidence that for instance,my old Merc did. Hopefully in a few days that will not matter anymore and I can start MOT work on the rest of the fleet.
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another pass,a couple of advisories that to be fair I should have seen but they were very minor and will be fixed straight away.
Much more encouraging was the Rovers behaviour on the way back.We met the some extensive road works and the inevitable delays at Oulton Broad railway crossing and the Rover spent a long,long time ticking over in hot weather.Happily the gauge stuck resolutely on N and the oil pressure still registered on the gauge.
All in all a good rover day.
All full of enthusiasm I decided on the basis of my last statement to tackle the handbrake on the Rover 75.Despite only 9000 miles since new the bolts are corroded in solid and quite how you are supposed to see the adjuster let alone move it through a wheel bolt hole is beyond me,after a couple of hours I just put the wheels back on and the brick back under them.
FrazzleTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the fresh MOT! It's always great to get another year's ticket! My 2000's MOT is imminent too!
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was suprised to find a fuel leak near a carb and noticed it had started to dissolve the paint on the engine,it might be that modern fuels are more effective at paint stripping than the old leaded stuff was.
Lots of the paint came off with little help and I cleaned it all off as beat as possible and treated the surfaces with a fuel proof dope. I was pleased with the result I hope it resists any further fuel leaks.
[img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: