classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Roll bar bushes on P5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Roll bar bushes on P5 Reply with quote

I didn't fancy paying £20 or £25 for a couple of anti roll bar rubbers for my P5b. I managed to find some from a modern car that would fit with a littel modification and they were only £3 the pair. They have a 'bearing' surface inside and are decent rubber. One of the originals had swelled and the other was pretty knackered,the new ones seemd to have stiffened the front of the car a bit.

The new rubbers fit well,if I wanted to the originals would still fit OK but I doubt I'll bother.

Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful - so what are they off?
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat bit of improvising there, yes do you know what they were originally designed for?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
baconsdozen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are from a Freelander (sort of land rover thing) . I've just replaced the track rod end boots and the outer anti roll bar bushes, (mini stabiliser bushes). The next project are the top bushes they look like the ones on my fairway taxi but will have to wait until I pull the suspension to bits to be sure.
I know I'm really sad but over the years have hoarded all sorts of catalogues and books and its surprising how some bits are used in various cars to do the same or different jobs.
The price seems to be dependant more on what they fit than what they are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: