classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 Rebuild
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
TM8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Rebuild Reply with quote

Hi,
OK i have been asking alot of Questions and now i have to post some pictures to show what has been achieved. I bought the Car last Year February 2013 it wasnt running and looked as if it need some TLC to get it going. The TLC has turned out to be a complete rebuild. Previous Owners the car was rebuilt in the Last 1960 and took ten years to complete the build then, alot of parts were made during this time. After the ten years the car was bought and stood in a private collection until an auction took place and the car got moving on to two more owners. When i got it some of the obvious things wrong: Worn Spring Hangers/ Crown and Pinon broken/ Engine not running/ Petrol pump not working/Brakes non exsitent and a hood looking for some lining.
Picture of when it arrived last year into my care:

During the Strip down it become evident that the enitre wooden frame had to be redone as the orginal rebuild didn't have a Carpenter involved and so some of the joints didn't exist and so the car snapped in half when removed from the Chassis.

I have been repairing the Gauges.

I have also completely rebuilt the Engine and Gearbox.

I have also been rebuilding the Battery/Tool box as the previous one just wasn't orginal enough.

Most of the Body panels were dropped of at the sand blaster this last weekend and should get them back tomorrow and then i need to prime them. I think i am still going to have alot of Sheet Steel work repairs to do.

I have been rebuilding alot of the orginal items like: Petrol pump/Windscreen wiper motor/Su Carb/ Brake cylinders and Master cylinders etc.
The current progress is shown in the photos below.

One will notice the NON standard shocks, after gainging info from this forum i have been building the brackets so that i can get the car through the test and then after the test and after refurbing the old pear shape shocks i may put them back.
Enjoy until the next update hopefully it wont be after a year! The car deadline has been set for August 2014!.
Regards
Trevor
Bob T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Trevor,
it just goes to show, I remember seeing athe picture of your car when you first bought it and thinking how nice it looked ! Anyway it looks like you are are doing a grand job.
It is hard enough doing a rebuild in the UK but for you in SA it must be hard to source the bits you need.
I have recently bought a 2 seater, I am hoping that it does not need as much work as yours!
Cheers
Bob T
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see another project on here, thanks for the update Smile

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
TM8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Moving along Reply with quote

Hi all,
Been a busy two weekends. Have managed to get the Wooden frame sorted out. The orginal doors ok and fit like a glove. Had to make new Door rollers for under the doors. I am in the process of buying the wood for the floors and will have to make up new brakets for the front floor panels.
Anybody got any sizes of the Floor steel plates that connect the panels at you toes? I think there should be 6 in total.

Regards
Trevor
Rosco663

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gidday Trevor - I have to say the Morris is looking SWEET Exclamation

Tip top work there mate - looking good for August.

Can't wait to see a video posted of you cruising along with the arm draped casually on top of the driver's door.

Keep up the great work Very Happy

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: