classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 Two Seater Floor and Seats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
TM8

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Two Seater Floor and Seats Reply with quote

Hi All,
I need some assistance i have been following Mr Bob Bryan's literature with respect to the floor boards and seat mounting but i need some assistance espiecally to do with the Open top Two Seater. In the Literature it mentions cut the wood to fit inside the Floor but yet the sizes show the pieces larger and going over the side chassis rails if that makes sense. I have cut mine smaller so they fit inside and so are flush with the Steel supports for the wood. I have attached some photos and if you got comments and where or what looks wrong your assistance would be great.

Then i had to make new Battery Tool Box as i didn't have one. Cool

Can anyone assit me with what the rubber/ Bulkhead rubber does at this point as i am struggling to get the steel Bulkhead and the Wooden frame to line up and the only way is to stop the rubber just before the bend.

Regards
Trevor
goneps

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor,

Floorboards should extend to the transmission tunnel hump and body sides:

Ignore gearbox cover, which is not original (glass-fibre special made to accommodate a four-speed gearbox).

Richard
bjacko

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Floors Reply with quote

This is a sketch of the floors on Morris 8's

http://s922.photobucket.com/user/bjacko1/media/001_zps6ba018a6.jpg.html[img]
bjacko

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Floors Reply with quote

The photobucket did not work. Sorry about that but I am just an amateur trying to follow the instructions from the top of the forum.i
TM8

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Updated Reply with quote

Updated the Link

Regards
Trevor
goneps

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Morris 8 Floors Reply with quote

bjacko wrote:
The photobucket did not work. Sorry about that but I am just an amateur trying to follow the instructions from the top of the forum.i

bjacko,

I struggled with Photobucket at first, but there's a simple way. After downloading the image by dragging and dropping onto the PB page, click on the image, then look to the right for "Links to share this photo ". Click on the last item ("IMG"). It turns yellow and the word "Copied" appears. The link is now on your clipboard, so just paste it into your forum message.

Richard
bjacko

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Morris 8 floor boards Reply with quote

Well done Trevor. Glad someone knows how to operate the system!!
Thanks Richard for the info. I will try that next time.
bjacko

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Floors Reply with quote

The floors fit as your pictures show i.e. inside the frame and flush to near flush with the top of the chassis frame. The special screws and washers are available from Ian Harris in UK I believe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: