classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Tam's German caravan (1969)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Tam's German caravan (1969) Reply with quote

Tam sent me this pic of their rare 'van:

and goes on to say:

"I have just bought a 1969 caravan which I am about to start re-fitting, but in the meantime, I am having trouble getting insurance for it.

I have found companies which will insure over 25 years old, but my problem is that I have a German caravan of which there are only 140 left and they cannot recognize the make. I will also need to take into consideration all of the improvements when putting a value on it. Do you or any of your members have any suggestions?"

Any ideas out there?

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
gillberry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi when we first got our Fawn we contacted Footman james who our classic cars are with and they sent out out forms but needed loads of info, but in the end joined the caravan club and went with them, so footman might be worth a try
henning

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tam's German caravan (1969) Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Tam sent me this pic of their rare 'van:

and goes on to say:

"I have just bought a 1969 caravan which I am about to start re-fitting, but in the meantime, I am having trouble getting insurance for it.

I have found companies which will insure over 25 years old, but my problem is that I have a German caravan of which there are only 140 left and they cannot recognize the make. I will also need to take into consideration all of the improvements when putting a value on it. Do you or any of your members have any suggestions?"

Any ideas out there?

Rick

Hello.... that nice old caravan of yours, that is a german TABBERT SULEIKA, hope that it maybe can be a little bit of help, maybe you can get some help from the Tabbert manufactor.
best regards
Henning........
www.frontboxen.webbyen.dk

how do you put photos into this site??,at the CombiCampers forum, it is possible ,very easy,as a flick with your fingers
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi henning & welcome to the forum.

There are various ways to post pics, but the most common way is to use an image host (such as imageshack or photobucket) & copy & paste the [IMG] tag (in photobucket, it's the bottom of the four links available) into your 'post message/reply' box.

Alternatively, when posting a message on this forum, you will see a row of boxes next to 'Message Body' & one of them is 'Img'. Copy & paste the URL of the image you want to use, then highlight the whole thing in the text box, then click 'Img'.

For example:

[img]http://i23.ph otobucket.com/albums/b394/strukkanurv/Cars/FrettenhamFestival6.jpg[/img]

(I had to alter the text slightly, otherwise you would only have seen the pic)
Tam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Suleica Reply with quote

Henning - Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem with the identification as we specifically sought it out and I have all the original papers with it. Also I bought it through the owner's club. Thanks to German regulations, I have a full log of the previous owners and dates (and even original price!).

The problem I have is getting it insured in the UK as THEY do not recognise the make so they say they are not able to give me a quote.

I have now ordered the original parts I need and am now underway with the work in updating it.

I'll post some photos when we get near to finishing.

Tam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: