classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 Series 1 Radiator Mount
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
TM8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Series 1 Radiator Mount Reply with quote

Hi,
Need some assistance please, i am in the process of Mounting the Radiator and was wanting to check the Hardware required for the Mounting. The previous owner had no rubber mounts between the Tank and the Chassis. So besides mouting the Wings and placing the lid to try and work out the levels etc, i was wondering if theres a member willing to assit with rubber sizes thickness etc. What goes under the chassis another rubber spacer prior to the Nut?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Trevor
goneps

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trevor,

The Parts List does not show rubbers under the cross-member, only the two "packing blocks" which would be the rubbers between radiator base and cross-member. Also listed are ordinary hex nuts and lock nuts for the radiator studs. I'd advocate using ha'penny washers between the nuts and cross-member slots.

The New Zealand M8TC can supply new rubbers, if you're a member. Alternatively I'd expect Ian Harris to stock them. As you suggest, it's important to get the height right because it directly affects the fit of the bonnet.

Richard
TM8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Info Reply with quote

Thanks Richard,
Came across an old Spares / Part list for Morris's and it had the Radiator mount rubbers specified for the Morris 8. Flat Rubber Disks 18mm thick. So i think i am on the right path again. No rubbers underneath only flat washer and two nuts as you said.
Regards
Trevor
bjacko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Radiator Mounts Reply with quote

As stated by others there are two circular rubber blocks about 19mm (3/4")thick Morris P/N 50314 and two 3/8" BSF plain nuts Morris P/N 53225. The larger than standard plain washers with spring washers makes a better installation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: