classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

For the attention of UKDave2002
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
countax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: For the attention of UKDave2002 Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
For some reason my replies to you via PM regarding Crypton service manuals are stuck in my outbox. I noticed it the other day and tried a test PM to 'Admin' and that is also stuck there so Rick is trying to find out why. He suggested i post this message in this forum to try to reach you.
Would it be possible for you to try sending me a PM with alternative contact info for you so we can communicate directly.
Many thanks and i am really looking forward to trying to fix our two Cryptons so we can run the charity fund raising event next year.
Nigel
47Jag

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

I have the same problem. I wrote to you about it when I tried to contact (APS) Wayne.

Art
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet Penman says he's been fine sending PMs this week.

Maybe one person's email address is incorrect in their profile, or perhaps one party's inbox is full - that might cause a problem.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: PMs stuck in outbox Reply with quote

Hi Rick, same problem here.
Tried sending one to you and one to someone else, both are stuck in the outbox and I'm assuming that your email address is correct - not sure about the other one, though!
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: PMs stuck in outbox Reply with quote

7777 wrote:
Hi Rick, same problem here.
Tried sending one to you and one to someone else, both are stuck in the outbox and I'm assuming that your email address is correct - not sure about the other one, though!

Mine arrived ok

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
goneps

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be a simple matter of confusion over the various boxes? On the odd occasion when I've used PM I've found the relationship between Outbox and Sentbox a bit baffling.

Richard
Peter_L

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goneps wrote:
Could it be a simple matter of confusion over the various boxes? On the odd occasion when I've used PM I've found the relationship between Outbox and Sentbox a bit baffling.

Richard

Hi Richard. It is fairly straightforward. PM's are created in your Outbox and are destined for the Inbox of those to whom you are writing. They are not in their Inbox during the time that they are in your Outbox. When the person receiving your message opens their Inbox the message that was in your Outbox before it was in their Inbox now moves from your Outbox to your Sent box and appears in their Inbox.

Smile
goneps

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Peter—now it makes sense. Another of life's little mysteries solved!

Richard
Penman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter.
Your succinct explanation reminded me of this.

Quote:
CRICKET: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Peter_L

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Penman. Since moving to Canada I learnt, off by heart, the said rules of cricket. I added it to my repertoire of anecdotes along with those of several actors and comedians who were regular guests on 1970's to 90's British TV shows.

I have been fortunate to have travelled a great deal but British humour, for me, is still the very best............

..........."you are lucky it wasn't the brown horse, it knows nothing about cars"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: