classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Inaugural Rally at Cooma New South Wales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
roverdriver

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Inaugural Rally at Cooma New South Wales Reply with quote

My wife and I attended the inaugural 'Pre 60's' rally arranged by the Cooma Monaro Historic Automobile Club based in Cooma, New South Wales.

Cooma is 400 miles from our home, but there was more than one reason for us to attend. One was that Cooma is about half way between our home and that of a friend, another Rover owner, from towards Sydney. Another was to give us the opportunity to re-live a trip done in 1965, and I'll tell about that in another post. A fourth reason was hoping to meet up with a new friend, also a Rover owner from much further North.

There were about 30 cars taking part in the rally, on Saturday (18th April), the drive taking us towards Jindabyne, thence to lake Eucumbene where morning tea was provided. The lake is one of a series of lakes created with the massive Snowy Mountains scheme, which was one of the largest efforts of its type in the world.

Some vehicles had passengers and one an 'outside' passenger.

After morning tea, the cars were assembled on the wall of the dam for photographs.

From here we went to the township of Adaminaby for lunch, and then cars could return to Cooma or visit the Snowy Mountains Scheme museum there. Many crews took advantage of viewing the museum, then back to Cooma.

Here is a link to photos of the participants, and some non-participants. The inside photos are of cars in the Club's fledgling museum.

http://s310.photobucket.com/user/roverdriver/library/Cooma%20Rally?sort=3&page=1

There was another, shorter trip organised for Sunday, but my wife and I decided to have a rest day and look around the town. While doing that, our friend from Nowra, a mere 3 hours away, came to visit, and brought with him a couple of parts to help me refurbish some of my Rover's fittings.

This post is merely to set the scene, and give you an opportunity to see the cars. I'll explain a little more in another post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: