classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Beaulieu Autojumble advice sought
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Beaulieu Autojumble advice sought Reply with quote

Morning all,

The following enquiry landed at OCC Towers this morning, can anyone offer advice regarding attendance of the main 'jumble in September (I've not been for years)?

Thanks, RJ

------

I hope you do not mind me emailing you for information about Beaulieu auto jumble.

But as a long time guest watching your great forum and noting that you go to a few swap meets around the UK, I thought you may be able to help me.

My son and I are coming over from Australia to attend the meet in September and are wondering if you have any hints on the best time to arrive at the venue in the morning, and is there plenty of car parking etc, looking on YouTube there seems to be enormous crowds that get there, so any information you can help us with would be great.

Kind regards,
Rob
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Rootes75

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the show starts at say 10am we always plan to get there 45-30 mins before that. There is always plenty of parking as they have such large car parks, they can be quite a walk but Beaulieu always have free shuttle buses running to and from the car parks to save your feet and they run a service carrying heavy items back to the car parks to save your back!
peter scott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The event is very well organised and despite the large crowds you will not have any problems with parking except that if you are carrying heavy items the walk back to your car may be a bit taxing but as mentioned above there is a transport service available.

There can be quite large queues of cars for entry but it is well marshalled and moves quite rapidly.

There is food and drink available and plenty of reasonable toilets. Mobile phone operation in the fields can be non-existent depending on your operator.

If it's wet then parts can become a bit muddy and hiking boots are a good bet.

Buy a program and if you are tempted to think you might return later to any stall then note its number because despite what you may think, you'll never remember where it was and spend ages looking for it.

Peter
Rootes75

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Peter, if you don't make a note of a stall you will rarely re-find it!
Kleftiwallah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 'olden days' the motorcycle and car spheres were seperated into different fields. Now sadly they have bunged everything together and so it's all mixed up.

A very bad move to my mind.

Cheers, Tony.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: