classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Are you passing on the knowledge?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
16vmini

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my daughter not always interested , but i she knows more about cars than she lets on :

Untitled by matt green

this is her painting her mini
86 Jet Black Mini
T25 Westfalia Camper
petelang

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like she is doing a designer job on your patio chairs too Matt...
Peter
16vmini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

petelang wrote:
Looks like she is doing a designer job on your patio chairs too Matt...
Peter

lol yea wife said something similar ,cheers where free Smile ..you should see the colour of our wheelie bins LOL
86 Jet Black Mini
T25 Westfalia Camper
stevel98

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I would love to have had someone to learn off me over the years.

Since the mid '60's, I've always worked alone. One son, three daughters, all married with five granddaughters and not one remotely interested in cars or how they work, even the basics like checking fluids etc.

I have an '87 Corvette now, a fairly simple car to work on with excellent access to all its parts, an excellent garage with equipment and tools, but no one to talk and discuss things with, so I just listen to the radio and talk to the Corvette instead as I work on it.

Sometimes I think the work is easy because the car knows I'm taking good care of it and helps me along where it can..

I tried joining my local classic car club, but its so cliquey and despite my trying to ingratiate myself politely, meetings were a lonely time, so I gave that up. They made it apparent they don't exactly welcome American cars, but they liked my £20!
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevel98 wrote:
How I would love to have had someone to learn off me over the years.

Since the mid '60's, I've always worked alone. One son, three daughters, all married with five granddaughters and not one remotely interested in cars or how they work, even the basics like checking fluids etc.

I have an '87 Corvette now, a fairly simple car to work on with excellent access to all its parts, an excellent garage with equipment and tools, but no one to talk and discuss things with, so I just listen to the radio and talk to the Corvette instead as I work on it.

Sometimes I think the work is easy because the car knows I'm taking good care of it and helps me along where it can..

I tried joining my local classic car club, but its so cliquey and despite my trying to ingratiate myself politely, meetings were a lonely time, so I gave that up. They made it apparent they don't exactly welcome American cars, but they liked my £20!

Take look at the American Auto Club U.K. Facebook and website, we are a friendly bunch with area meets all over the place
troutrunner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevel98 wrote:

If you are anywhere near me you would be welcome to come for a pint and chat about cars and anything else for that matter.
1939 Austin 10.
1955 Austin A30.
1958 Ford 300E van.
1961 Austin A40.
1964 Wolseley Hornet.
1965 Series2a Land Rover.
1968 Wolseley Hornet.
1994 Peugeot 405 Est. 2of.
Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: