classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Why are there so few classic Vauxhall cars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
welder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never was a fan of Vauxhalls, always saw them as the Billy no Mates of the available motors. Then I was given a HC Viva van as my works transport and my thinking was confirmed. It was dreadful even when compared with the Morris 6cwt (Minor) van that it replaced.

My late brother had a 3 litre Ventora which I frequently drove. It had the potential to be interesting but was revving it's head off at anything over 70mph. Taller diff or a 5th gear would have made it useful but GM didn't see fit. Hey ho.

Ian
peter scott

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey77 wrote:
I completely forgot to say - in later years I had a Cavalier SRi. I think it was the least likeable car I ever owned.

The 2 litre SRi that I had as a company car had really excellent performance and good handling and I was very pleasantly surprised that it got 42 to 44 mpg quite easily. I drove it from Scotland to Switzerland and back as well as daily computes. It never had any faults.

I replaced it with a 2 litre CDi that supposedly had the same engine but it never had the shear overtaking grunt that the SRi had. It was just generally softer but still a pretty good comfortable and reliable car.

Peter
victor 101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, there will be one less shortly as on inspection my 101 is beyond salvation so it's time to drag it out of the garage and say goodbye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: