classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Engine and gearbox for MGB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
MrWhite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Engine and gearbox for MGB. Reply with quote

Our local scrapyard has recently broken and MGB. They were disappointed how bad the body was and felt it was best scrapped but apparently the engine and box are good. My attention was drawn to it as I thought it had the same distributor and mt car (Singer Gazelle) it will likely be Lucas but on closer inspection it's not the same. Inside it looked to me that the points condenser and rotor arm have been replaced recently, It's also painted (Not recently) Red, so all this may be good signs.
Now the not so good news for most of you, it's in Scotland, more specifically; Alex McMeekin's, Carstairs Road, Ravenstruther, Carstairs, South Lanarkshire, https://www.alexmcmeekin.co.uk/ Tel 01555 870471.
NCTS I just don't like to see these things get scrapped, when sooner or later someone will need one and probably end up paying a fortune for it as it's the only one around. You would be best, if interested to get in touch and maybe negotiate a deal.
They are a good company and not like many of the fly-by-night types around, so they will do a deal with you and won't rip you off. I don't now what it's worth and I have a feeling maybe they don't either, best I can do by way of inside info Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: