classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Happy New Year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:39 am    Post subject: Happy New Year Reply with quote

Happy New Year everyone, wish everybody all the best.

Any plans for the New Year on the classic vehicle front?
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same to you / everyone.

Plans - finish the project car, tidy the shed. Same as every year, really. I wonder if 2024 will be the year that I actually achieve any of them.
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long shot... but I plan on finishing the MG this year. I still need to install the dash; paint the front wings; fit interior and much more, including the hood and side screens. I still don't know how the car will run. In the back of my mind is the comment from Steve Baker's son that when they tested the supercharger it worked ok but "sounded horrible". Not much help as I had already bought it and fitted an HS6 carb on Steve's advice...only to be told from a supercharger expert that it probably wouldn't perform as well as with an HS4 which is what they usually had.!

Other problems to face in 2024 are those of my own making. Foolishly, I have over complicated the electrics with the addition of extra fuses and relays. What was I thinking??? I must have thought it was modern!

I hope you all have a year to be remembered for the right reasons. With any luck World peace will break out and those who live by the gun will see the futility of it all.

As my old Granny Bekker used to say:

"Do as you would be done by and you won't go far wrong".

Happy new year everyone!
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made the decision to demolish my garage and rebuild it, larger and double skin, its currently single skin and suffers from condensation Sad

Got to get through planning and find a builder, would like to do it this year!

Happy New year all

Dave
Keith D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to brave the very hot summer and get the Chrysler up and running again

Happy New Year to all on the forum.

Keith
1999 BMW Z3
Its weird being the same age as old people.
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
I have made the decision to demolish my garage and rebuild it, larger and double skin, its currently single skin and suffers from condensation Sad

Got to get through planning and find a builder, would like to do it this year!

Happy New year all

Dave

Have you considered a timber construction? The best garage we ever had was a big timber shed - put up as a Wartime measure to provide emergency repair facilities for the railway bridge near Woking - I have memories of it being free from condensation and a comfortable place to work all year round.

Sadly, it was sold when Dad sold the land for building. Sad
norustplease

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:08 pm    Post subject: Happy New Year / PV544 Reply with quote

Happy New Year to all.
This is my project for '24. The Volvo is getting a bit shabby, the paint on the roof and bonnet is quite weathered and some areas which have been repainted locally and blended in originally, probably many years ago, are now showing up. Plus we have a couple of small areas of microblistering, and have acquired a couple of minor scuffs, etc over the years. So for 2024, I have been discussing a respray with a local outfit who did the (superb) paintwork on the Austin roof and boot lid. This is probably going to happen about March time, since they are moving premises at the moment and will need a couple of months to catch up.
My plan is to strip the car of all of its chrome, release the wing bolts so that the piping (which is also tatty) can be replaced and present it in stripped down form. I may also get the front seats reupholstered to match the rear.
Probably costs will outstrip the car's actual value, but it's a lovely old thing and if I can make it outlive me, then it will be worth it.
This might also mean that I drop down the numbers in the collection, since one car always seems to get neglected and that one of the other two will be sold on later in 2024. We will see. As a friend said, its a bit like deciding which of your children to disinherit!!!
1957 Austin A55 Mk 1
Boring Tucson SUV
Rootes75

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have a few plans for this New Year.

Firstly, we have a truck stuck in a yard in Holland that I'm struggling to get back to the UK, that's been ongoing since September. Its the next big project and when we can get it back my first plan is a engine strip and rebuild as its currently seized and in pieces...

Secondly, both of my Commers, 1942 and 1950 both have issues with their cooling systems, we've already started investigating the 1942 Q2 but really need to sort the 1950 5 tonner as it was restored and only been on the road once since then due to the over heating issue.

Lastly, we very much intend to get out and about more than we have done in this last year. Our 1937 Hillman only saw the open road twice in the last 12 months, that is definately going to change in the upcoming year!!
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a shipping company such as Golden Chariots. They ship from all over the world, mostly America and Japan. I would think they could organise a shipment from Holland. They can do all the paperwork. Not cheap though.
Crashbox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having taken my 1932 Morris Minor north of the Border and as far as the Highlands back in June, I'm considering staying closer to home this year... France!! Laughing

1932 Morris Minor S.V. Two-Seater
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: