classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

assorted automotive/vintage bicycle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
J.Infante

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: assorted automotive/vintage bicycle Reply with quote

need to get a little bit of money to finance my dream car. so... here goes nothing. will get pictures up soon, until then email me at histbuff1190@yahoo.com with requests and how to identify things. all items located in the United States, just outside of Youngstown Ohio (will ship anything, at YOUR expense). have a crosley 3 speed transmission in good working order (just not sure what it came out of...). also have the dash from a Catalina. local salvage yard started scrapping older cars. nothing really left in the way of body panels or interior pieces, but if you are looking for: glass, stainless trim, or lights send me a pic of your broken piece and what it came off of ( I will then walk the yard and grab what you need). the inventory goes back to the late 1930's and has some fairly obscure and ( I'm sure...) hard to find bits. may also be mechanical components that are usable. again, just email histbuff1190@yahoo.com with requests. have an early 1960's Schwinn Fleet in excellent condition, 1969 Huffy Rail in excellent condition, 1972 Raleigh in good shape (Sturmey Archer hub needs work along with headlight, everything else excellent). also have assorted vintage bicycle parts, email with needs. pictures to come within the next week, looking forward to doing business with somebody~
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a friend of mine might need some parts to suit a '41-'46 Chevy 1/2 ton truck, do you think there are any pickup parts still in the yard?

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
J.Infante

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

know of a 1930's or 40's Dodge pickup, a 3/4 ton GM solid front axle from 1948, several ford rear ends that look pre 1950, 2 ford and 2 chevy pickups that are pre 1960 at least. how can i identify the chevy years? what parts might i be looking for?

PS- the flatheads in the Fords are spoken for by yours truly~
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine is trying to source a windshield for a 1959 Mercury Monterey without any success.

He would be happy to cover costs etc.
J.Infante

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mercury monterey... ok, got an idea of what im looking for. there are a few possibilities, know of a massive ford with a y-block in it that looks about right. how can i positively ID the car? still fairly new to all this and learning as i go. see first post of mine--must give me an idea of how to identify what you're looking for!!!
J.Infante

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is what I gather to be a 1958 Lincoln in the yard, though I am afraid the windshield is cracked. anything else required? Rick--what kind of pickup parts? there are a few more than previously thought, at least 3 I believe to be of proper vintage for your friend.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll find out if he still needs anything, any chance of some photos showing this place???

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks as if I may have found one. Thanks anyway, J.
J.Infante

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i apologize for the pictures taking so long, have been trying to save all that i can before it gets scrapped while not going broke Sad snapped up a carter WCD in amazing shape. it is an iron base 4 bolt 2 barrel carb with like new butterflies and everything still moves on it! been sitting in the trunk of a 1948 Pontiac for probably over 40 years. also on Pontiac stuff, there is a rare inline 8 high compression head. this is for the flathead Pontiac motor and i have never seen one of these heads before. the pics i promised are coming up tomorrow, is late (or should i say early??) today and i cant find the cable for the camera. in the meantime, heres a pic of some buicks that are there.

J.Infante

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay then... sorry about that, got caught up with the forum login issue and just now got it sorted out (big thanks to Rick~). and now, drum roll if you'd please, the long awaited pics! just ask about anything you see Wink

pigtin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pogo stick looks fast; is it a GT model? Wink
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I like them push bikes, but shipping here would be a problem, I have just had a bike shipped from cannada and it wasn't cheap!

He he

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: