classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Compressor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Penman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Compressor Reply with quote

Hi
I don't know a lot about them, but Netto are doing an offer next wk starting Mon 26th Jan.

ToolTec

50 ltr tank
2HP motor
8 Bar max pressure
direct drive
Oil filled sump type
Air tools not included
Pair of wheels at one end.

£69.99
Greeney in France

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be OK for light duty I expect probably equal to any of the other cheap compressors available, probably not much good for spraying though it would run out of air very quickly
Not a bad price though they usually are £100 ish

We do these things not to escape life but to prevent life escaping us
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You could always put another air tank on it, let it fill them all to the designated pressure, may take a while, and then you would have more time to spray.

We had a hydra-vane compressor and then about 5 or 6 huge tanks scattered around the site when I was working on the boilers. We had about 15 air hammers and busters going of it, they all have either 3/4" or 1" feed so use loads of air. Slightly of topic, but me and a colleague used 12 bottles of oxygen, when we had 2 sets of apache and 2 sets of acetylene going to get a ring out. I have never used so much oxygen in 4.5 hours!

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: