classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Viking Fibreline 6 berth
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Metalkoi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep i agree ,really interesting thread,lets see more pictures when you have a chance.
Andylad

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words folk, not much done this week we've had a week of sunshine Cool . I've a manual coming this week so i'll have a better interpretation etc but i want to use the van wildcamping so a gas waterheater and gas fire sounds good to me. it's plumbed for gas lanterns, fridge, cooker and rings.
Something simple would be great vatco dont fancy putting in a separate water tank so a system using a fresh water inlet/external tanks maybe Confused Anyway here's a few photo's from this week there a bit optical delusional Laughing

the one on the left is for the fridge not sure with the other yet probably the lights.

ignore the chain saw

want-one

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not much holding the roof up now.....also are the breeze blocks staying?
although not as bad as your i left the front panal on when i did mine it ment i could mark were the framing was once i'd removed it all. think if id been doing a side panal working from outside in id have tried to leave the wall board up again so i could tell were i had to replace the new framing upto.... just my thoughts but im no expet and just winging it myself ...lol
does look impressive though Very Happy
European Voyager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Gas Taps Reply with quote

Ive got two gas taps on mine as well , I always thought that the second was for a gas heater . Ive seen a couple with one fitted in that space between the wheel arch and the bottom of the unit where the fridge sits.
Penman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
That style of free standing gas tap could be used for a gas iron as well, there is no need for your clothes to be creased just because you're on holiday.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Stephen J

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Viking Fibreline Caravans Reply with quote

Viking Fibreline
Came into being about 1965 I guess, their design came from a South African design called a Gypsy!
Glass reinforced plastic was used a lot in the design and construction of these caravans to make them light, aerodynamic and strong. One-piece roofs, front and rear ends eliminated leaks.
The 1966 model was very primitive and unpainted body panels, reduced finish in side and limited storage space art roof levels.
But in 1967 this product improved with intervention form Tony Holland the then company owner.
Quality dint improve until he 1970s Vikings were excellent export models.
Viking had something to do with shop fittings in Birkenhead and then developed went onto produce a full fibreglass luxury model caravan about 1966 this was the Regency range of 12ft touring caravans really super caravans.
Stephen j
49barndoor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is your project doing theses days?

Any one know when the last Viking Fibrelines were built?
Border Viking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think the last Vikings were built during 1980,ours dates from 1979.The former woolen mill where they were built still exists and is now used by a number of different businesses.
The Oldtimers

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Grey Viking Fibreline Reply with quote

We were at the World Record attempt at Stapleford last year, and at Belvoir Castle Steam Rally two weekends since. There was a beautiful Viking Fibreline there - is this the same one?
Zephyr1959

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Grey Viking Fibreline Reply with quote

The Oldtimers wrote:
We were at the World Record attempt at Stapleford last year, and at Belvoir Castle Steam Rally two weekends since. There was a beautiful Viking Fibreline there - is this the same one?

We were at Belvoir for the World Record Attempt with our Fibreline III and Mk II Zephyr. I'll try and get a picture up (how do I do that then?)
Swampthing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: