classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

12v trafficators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
1stpop

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: 12v trafficators Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I would be able to get spare parts or new trafficators for my 1948 Morris 8 series E? Is it possible to convert my 6v trafficators to 12v?
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, unless you substitute the 6v solenoid coil for a 12v one. Much easier to buy 12v ones and swap. In case you don't know, the 6v ones have much thicker solenoid windings than the 12v ones.
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, check out the various posts from UKDave on this subject. He can probably help you!
PAUL
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 1stpop

Firstly your 6v trafficators are worth more than 12v one's (if the len's are good assumingoriginal SF40's, even if they are replacement 6v SF80's they are still worth more than the 12v SF80's)

So you need to look out for 12v sf80's which will fit straight on to a series E. I have some 12v ones PM me if you need them.

Cheers Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: