classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

How to get your car back?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
oldtimer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: How to get your car back? Reply with quote

My car was with an outfit who I realised,too late,were incompetent or rogues or both.Icould see no way of getting my car back before it was seriously damaged without paying up for work,allegedly,done.
Perhaps others have been in a similar situation and succeeded where I have failed in finding a way without paying the ransom, which it clearly is.
oldtimer
Nic Jarman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately one has to pay the ransom and then report the offenders to Trading Standards and then try to claim your money back. Sorry to hear of your troubles. If you do not know the workshop/garage ask for a reference, after all it is your pride and joy.
Dax Rush
oldtimer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: getting car back Reply with quote

Hello Nick
Thank you for commiserations and input.Icertainly could see no alternative but there should be some legal way to move the car to a holding area where it can be safe.
John
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to get it inspected (maybe by the AA?) to confirm what has/has not been done? I've not tried this myself, but possibly an option??

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
47p2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could speak with the police and explain the situation and ask if an officer could come along to the garage with you to try and resolve the problem.
ianm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day John, I dont know if you have it over there but we have what we call a Small Claims Court, its held in the Magistrates office and is between you and the other person involved. You state your case and he states his and the Magistrate makes the decission in whose favor.
No legal representives are allowed on either parties behalf.
Might be an idea to check at your court house. Australian is very close to yours.
All the best
Ian Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: