classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

midget still not starting well in the cold :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Finch661

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: midget still not starting well in the cold :( Reply with quote

hi everybody, just a follow up from my last post about cold starting my mg. after the last couple of weeks of the car starting really well, the same problem has come up. the car has a new heavy duty battery, new alt and battry earthing strap (all connetions look good and are tight). is there any other bit i can check? the car is being kept outside, with no cover. its only been in the last few days (when temps have been below 0degC) that she is struggling to start.

thanks

oh and when starting the battery never dips below 9/10V
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incorrect ignition timing/faulty condensor and leaky valves/worn bores will make any engine difficult to start when cold. What are compressions like
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: