classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Caravans You forget About
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
gillberry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Caravans You forget About Reply with quote

We have been members on her for a while now and it was not untill a while ago when we were at our bungalow that we rent out on the Norfolk coast that it occured to me that we do own other caravans, this one has been in the garden that long that is is just there we do not even really think about it is is more storage than caravan these days

then that one made me think of another this one is in my dads garden he bought it in the late 70s i have the receipt somewhere, it was bought for me as a play house, we will never get it out anymore as we got it in to the garden through a house that was up for sale, over the years the roof has gone and repaired as you can see and she has been stripped out now as my sister in law uses it for storage of garden bits, we used to use it as a club house as it had electric and a cooker, many an evening was spent in there listening to music and doing other things Wink

there is one more but i will have to go for a wander with the dogs to take that one as it is over my brother's woods and has been attacked by vandals and has had all the metal stripped off - does anyone else have one that they forget about as it has always been there?
gillberry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As her other half the other things she was doing in the caravan worry me , why I wasn't there Crying or Very sad
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have the one recently aquired "my first van' Very Happy but I do seem to have caught the caravan bug. Darn it I find myself looking in fields, old gardens, and other places I normally would'nt have given a thought to. Should add that this is whilst my wife is driving and I'm in passenger seat!
60 quid fine for seeking out vintage caravan whilst driving Wink
gillberry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we took a detour one day on the way back from near diss to norwich and found another cheltenham being used for storge in the front of a run down bungalow, keep saying we will have to go that way again and leave a note on it
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillberry wrote:
we took a detour one day on the way back from near diss to norwich and found another cheltenham being used for storge in the front of a run down bungalow, keep saying we will have to go that way again and leave a note on it

Diss, its just down the road from me, we are just outside of Eye , Suffolk.
gillberry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we are having a few trips to the eye area at the moment as the amazon is in haveing her make over and simon has to keep going and collection bit for her
jonbott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bayliss Thomas wrote:
I only have the one recently aquired "my first van' Very Happy but I do seem to have caught the caravan bug. Darn it I find myself looking in fields, old gardens, and other places I normally would'nt have given a thought to. Should add that this is whilst my wife is driving and I'm in passenger seat!
60 quid fine for seeking out vintage caravan whilst driving Wink
my other half is always doing that Laughing
1972 vw camper
1971 mini project
I must be mad!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: